Wednesday 15 August 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection by Samantha Chapman



Real Techniques brushes by popular beauty blogger and makeup artist Samantha Chapman have become THE hype of the month, so I was really happy to have the chance to get my hands on these wonderful brushes that everyone has been talking about!

Real Techniques Core Collection


I have with me the Real Techniques Core Collection from the ‘Your Base/Flawless’ range and the brushes in this range have gold handles. The ‘Your Eyes/Enhanced’ brushes have purple handles and the ‘Your Finish/Perfected’ brushes have pink handles.


The Core Collection includes 4 full-sized brushes plus a waterproof panoramic brush case which is a 2-in-1 case and stand – convenient as it says! The brushes are made from synthetic taklon bristles that are hand cut and 100% cruelty-free/vegan. Taklon is a type of synthetic fibre which mimics the texture of our hair. The bristles feel wonderfully soft against my skin and this is one of the factors which make application really easy and efficient. The handles are made from aluminium which makes these brushes so lightweight and very easy to handle. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush
The Contour Brush is a convenient tool to apply illuminator/highlighter or bronzer to add some glow and radiance to the complexion or even for contouring. The bristles have been cut to different lengths as you can see, so this brush is ideal for highlighting/contouring. Sometimes I use this brush for contouring my face and other times I would use this brush to apply a little sparkle or glow to areas of my face which touch the sunlight.

Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
The Pointed Foundation Brush is smaller than your average foundation brush and also has fewer bristles than you would expect in a foundation brush. I don’t have a lot of time on my hands in the morning to apply makeup, so I prefer a foundation brush which is larger. So, instead of using this brush for liquid foundation, I found good use of this brush when applying primer as I could apply quick short strokes across my skin and also prevent the application of excess product around the corners of my nose.  

Real Techniques Detailer Brush
The size of the Deatiler Brush is very small, but perfectly small to be used with concealer to conceal dark under-eye circles and/or redness around the corners of the nose. The Detailer Brush is a multi-tasker and so is also great to apply lipstick for precise application and definition to the lips. Alternatively, the Detailer Brush could also be used to add some illuminator along the Cupid ’s bow to enhance the shape of the lip.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
The Buffing Brush is ideal for mineral foundation and powders. I don’t use mineral foundation as my skin sometimes reacts to it, so the Buffing Brush has made use for applying powder foundation and/or translucent powder to set my makeup. The brush is relatively dense, so rule of thumb, ‘less is more’, should be taken into consideration!

Overall, these brushes are seriously really great in quality and design and the best thing is that they are very affordable if you purchase them from www.iherb.com. Or, if you are in need of these beauty tools, like right now!, then you can head out to Priceline and shop the full range. I would highly recommend purchasing the collection kits rather the individual brushes to kick-start your Real Techniques brush collection as these kits include all the essential brushes you would use. I might just trek into Priceline soon to welcome the ‘Travel Essentials’ kit to my collection!

Do you own any Real Technique Brushes? Which brushes/collections do you have?

xx Rose 


Product was a prize I won from Priceline's Twitter Competition. This review is 100% based on my own thoughts and opinions.

8 comments:

  1. great post! I agree about the foundation brush, it takes a lot longer to apply foundation and do you find it a little scratchy?
    i also won the core collection from Pricelines twitter comp but i also already bought the Core collection just a week before so i have two sets but i love the contour brush so it's useful having two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nika! Congrats on winning the Core Collection :)

      The foundation brush was no where near scratchy at all! The bristles feel really soft and it was a breeze to use for priming the skin.

      Delete
  2. I won this from Priceline also and love them! I already had the eye kit so I was thrilled to try these ones too :)
    Great overview! I never thought to use the foundation brush for primer - I will definitely be doing that from now on!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you Jasmine! Priceline are so awesome and generous with their weekly giveaways! The eye kit sounds nice, I really want to get all three of the kits available.

      Delete
  3. I have the core collection, stippling brush, expert face brush, powder brush, blush brush and setting brush. They are really good quality brushes for a reasonable price.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great collection you have there! I'm still building up on mine :)

      Delete
  4. These brushes look lovely - I keep seeing various brushes reviewed on beauty blogs and can't decide which ones to go for!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real Techniques brushes are one of the best brushes in my collection! Highly reccomend checking these out!

      Delete