Friday 18 November 2011

Hello Kitty Collection at Priceline + CUTE Haul!


Hello Kitty = Cuteness!

I was quite excited to hear that the newest makeup collection which launched a couple of weeks ago at selected Priceline stores in Australia was the Hello Kitty Makeup Collection! I was completely surprised to hear the news about this as it never occured to me that there would be an entire line of Hello Kitty makeup at Priceline!

I was a huge fan of Hello Kitty during my childhood years and I loved anything to do with Hello Kitty. As I’ve grown older I’ve been a little distanced from Hello Kitty and would just admire how cute Hello Kitty is! 

Well, until now, I think I’ve gotten back into my Hello Kitty craze!
  

I went to Priceline on Elizabeth Street, Brisbane City (the only Priceline of the three in the city which stock the HK Collection) and there was a promotion going on. Purchase two items from the Hello Kitty Collection and receive a Hello Kitty plush toy :) How could I not resist to this?! 

Decisions decisions! I wasn't sure which product to try as it is a new makeup line and I had no idea of the quality and lasting power etc of the colour makeup. I loved the metallic pink packaging of the compact powder foundations, however, they didn't have my shade in stock :( So, I purchased a nail polish in Gun of Roses (Bardie Doll) for A$9.95 (8ml) and matte lipstick in Bollywood (HK08-04) for A$12.95 (3.5g). I very much preferred the black packaging of the lipstick so that narrowed down my choices!  

The Hello Kitty Collection at Priceline looks very sturdy and of course cute! The metallic pink packaging looks very girly but also chic. I like that some of the products have the black packaging and I think it gives a sleek and sophisticated look. I must the packaging is purrretty fantastic, though the size of some products seem just a tad small. 

The Hello Kitty Lipsticks come in two types, Shine & Kiss Lipstick (metallic pink packaging) and Matte & Kiss Lipstick (black packaging) . These lipsticks are small in packaging, though the amount of product is 3.5g which is average (e.g., Chanel Rouge Coco Lipsticks are 3.5g, Benefit Full-finish Lipsticks are 3.0g, Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks are 3.7g).


Matte and Kiss Bolloywood lipstick is a very common fuschia shade. It's a common pink shade and I can confidently say that this shade would suit any skin tone. The formula feels very moisturising and despite the fact that it's not long lasting, my lips looked like they have a stained fuschia/pink hue. Bollywood sure is a very girly pink shade that I love!


Hello Kitty Gun of Roses, oh I love the name of this shade! You can see Gun of Roses popping up in the top far right of the photo above. The shade is a pretty pink which again is a common shade of pink. I'm going to write a separate post on this nail polish with photos etc, so keep an eye out on my review of Hello Kitty Gun of Roses Nail Polish!

Hello Kitty Collection is exclusive to selected Priceline stores in Australia. All products are made in Paris, France, and each product has the official 'Sanrio' logo. The Hello Kitty Collection ranges between A$9.95 and A$14.95.


What do you think of the brand new Hello Kitty Collection at Priceline?
Have you purchased anything from the range?

Rose

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I really love the lipstick colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tegan, the whole packaging and shade is just too cute! I might have to make a collection out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, I totally went to that store but am about a week too late :'( I want a plushie!

    ReplyDelete