Tuesday 6 December 2011

Introducing... November Australian Glossybox!

After two months in the running, Australian beauty sampling subscription service Beauty Box has now completely merged with global market leader Glossybox. Glossybox has been successful since they released their first edition Glossybox in May 2011 in the UK. 

Glossybox Australia is a subscription service which offers 5 deluxe sized samples from high-end and niche brands for a fee of A$14.95 per/month.

From the month of November, Glossybox brings you the same brands associated with Beauty Box  (Bio-Oil, Biotherm, Bobbi Brown, Calvin Klein Fragrances, Clinique, Essie, Garnier, John Frieda, Jurlique, Marc Jacobs Fragrances, Playboy Fragrances, Sally Hansen, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Thalgo and Yves Saint Laurent) PLUS the following new additions: Illamasqua, Auscreen and Australis Cosmetics.

Glossybox has a new loyalty program where you could accumulate GlossyDots which you could redeem for a free Glossybox. Click here to read more about how you could earn GlossyDots.

Beauty Box has tipped the scales towards the unpleasant side of things which have been reflected from the feedback and reviews received from their September and October boxes. 

So, the question is: Is Glossybox a keeper or will the November box be the last??

Well, lets have a look at the contents of my November Glossybox...


The packaging of Glossybox is exactly the same as the original Glossybox from the UK, however, the design on the exterior packaging has red Glossybox logos rather than the original baby pink logos.  Inside the parcel is my Glossybox and you can see that the packaging is just beautiful! I love the attention to detail and I like that the box can be re-used for storage. The Glossybox is actually larger than both Beauty Box and Bellabox.

November Glossybox



The November Glossybox included a list of products included and a little description detailing each product. A total of 5 products plus a small bag of jelly beans were included in my box.



Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Ultra Firm and Lift Cream, 5ml worth A$9 (full size 50ml rrpA$90)
Age-Defying Ultra Firm and Lift Cream is a new release product from Jurlique. The cream is quite lovely and gentle to the skin. Despite being a cream targeted to mature skin, I would still use this deluxe sample just to keep my skin moisturised. 

Also included in my Glossybox is a voucher card which offers 15% off any products in-store. However, the voucher is valid until November 30th 2011. The Glossyboxes were meant to be sent out mid-November, however, a delay had caused the Glossyboxes to arrive two weeks late. The voucher is now of no use and I'm not too sure if the crew at Glossybox will make-up for this.

Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil, 15ml worth A$4.50 (full size 200ml rpA$60)

I've got a bottle of Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil already, so this cute little bottle would be great for travel! Cleansing oils are great at removing makeup effortlessly. Like they say in Science, 'Like dissolves like', so that's why cleansing oils work so well to remove makeup!





Bio-Oil Treatment Skincare Oil (full size 60ml rrpA$14.95)
I've never used Bio-Oil before and thought it was a cleansing oil at first. Then I wondered why Glossybox would include two cleansing oils in the one box! Bio-Oil is in fact a treatment oil which aims to heal scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tones. I'm surprised to receive a full sized bottle! Sounds interesting and worth trying!


Essie Summer Nail Colour in Meet Me At Sunset (Essie Summer Nail Colour Collection), 5ml worth A$6.30 (full size 15ml rrpA$18.95)
I beleive some people received different shades of the Essie nail polish from the Summer Nail Colour Collection. The mini Essie bottle is so cute and I would much prefer using mini sized nail polishes as the larger size seems to dry out before I even get the chance to use it all up.


Meet Me At Sunset is an intense and vibrant orange with a very subtle pink opalescent sheen and it really does go well on my nails this summer. Heading towards Summer, even though it feels like Summer in Spring, I'm starting to pick up bright nails, so I will be seen wearing this shade. 


Mirenesse SD Forever Gloss in Hot Kiss (full size 14g rrpA$39.95)


I've never really had an interest in Mirenesse, so I wasn't too excited to see a Mirenesse gloss in my box. The shade I received was Hot Kiss which looks like a chocolaty brown maroon shade on the tube, however, when swatched it looks like a gorgeous dark berry/purple shade. Despite how pretty this dark shade of lip gloss is I was immediately put off from the smell! It smelt like sweet soap! Not at all great!

November Glossybox total worth ~A$75 !

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the contents in my November Australian edition Glossybox as I would use every single one of products included, besides from the Mirenesse Gloss. The pink jelly beans was a surprise to celebrate the launch of Glossybox (I think the pink jelly beans have now been consumed by my partner!). The contents in my Glossybox included two full sized products and three deluxe sized products which ranged from lips, nails, to skincare, so I think that's a good selection of products included. I've noticed there has been variations in shades and products for the launch edition of Glossybox, so I assume this Glossybox has been tailored to suit my beauty profile I provided on their site. 

Despite a delay in the shipment of the November Glossybox I will still give Glossybox another chance to see what is to come in December's Glossybox. Besides, the packaging is just too pretty and cute!

So, the answer to my question is...YES! GlossyBox is a keeper for me (for now) and I look forward to the December box which hopefully will arrive not too long from today.

What did you receive in your Glossybox?
Have you been stuck in the craze of beauty sampling box subscriptions?
Which beauty subscriptions services are you subscribed to and which service would you reccomend?

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment