Saturday 27 August 2011

Review: Kiehls Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser


Kiehl's has recently become one of my favourite skincare brands. I've been super impressed with the recent launch of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free collection that I have reviewed recently. 

Today, I'd like to share my experience with Kiehl's cult-classic skincare product: 
Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser is encased in a squeeze tube with a flip lid. This cleanser is very lightweight and the cream formula does not strip away essential oils from the surface of my skin. Once the cream is massaged onto the skin, this cleanser lathers up very well and results in a milky formula, which is then rinsed off.

Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser contains Amazonian White Clay and finely crushed diatomaceous earth particles which helps to exfoliate and gently remove surface debris, toxins, and oils.  The presence of this white clay ingredient claims to exfoliates and detoxifies the skin. I couldn't feel the scrubbing action of the minute particles onto my face, though I did feel that my skin was refreshed and thoroughly cleansed. This cleanser effortlessly removes all makeup, however, I still need to use an oil cleanser or eye makeup remover to remove mascara and dark eye shadow.

A little trick I believe which helps to thoroughly cleanse deep into the pores is to rinse skin with warm water to expand pores, cleanse face and then rinse skin with cold water to shrink pores. 

Overall, this is a very gentle cream cleanser which helps to thoroughly cleanse the skin and pores. I use this once a day (PM) and I love the fact that this cleanser has both cleansing and exfoliating properties. 

This cleanser is suitable for normal to oily skin types. 

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser retails for A$30 for a 150 mL bottle. 

Other products within the Rare Earth Deep Pore Collection include the Pore Refining Tonic (A$28, 250mL) and Pore Minimizing Lotion (A$49, 75mL).


Are you a fan of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Collection?
Which Kiehl's products are your favourites?

Rose

4 comments:

  1. I've got this is in my shower at the moment, it was a re-buy from last year. I love the way it feels like squishy cottage cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Skin Scrubs! I'm about halfway through mine and will consider re-purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. I've not tried anything by Keihls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michelle you should definitely try some samples from Kiehl's. Their products are always gentle to my skin.

    ReplyDelete