Sunday 5 June 2011

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF15

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF15

The new Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser (A$50, 30 mL) was adapted from Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, which is one of Clinique's best selling moisturisers. 

I've tried Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (A$75, 50 mL) in the past and I found that this gel moisturiser provided my combination skin with sufficient moisture and hydratation during the night. My skin normally suffers from excess oils showing up along my T-zone at the end of the day, hence, I omit moisturising my skin in the morning and only prime my skin before foundation application.

 I was walking through Myer a couple of days ago and noticed that Clinique had launched Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser with SPF15! 

Tinted Moisturisers are generally great for people with skintpes which lack in hydration during the day and require a product that contains both moisturisation and sheer foundation properties. I love the concept of tinted moisturisers, however, my combination skin does not allow me to wear these products as my skin becomes oily during the day. 

Despite this ongoing problem I have with all tinted moisturisers that I've used in the past, my escalating excitment about this new product launch from Clinique, one of my favourite brands, couldn't stop me from trying this new product. I decided to visit the Clinique counter to be custom fit with a suitable shade. The lovely Clinique representative suggested that I try a sample first to try in my own time.


Pros:

There are 6 shades which are numbered from 01 (lightest) to 06 (darkest). Upon inspection on the intensity and undertones of these shades, these shades seem to be more yellow based than pink. From experience in using a myriad of foundations from different types of brands, Clinique is one of the brands that very well deliver a range of natural skin tone shades.

The lightweight formula makes it very easy to blend using a foundation brush or my fingers and gives me a beautiful and even, dewy and glowy complexion. The formula is fragrance-free, which is great as it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This tinted moisturiser doesn't feel heavy nor give a greasy feel, instead, I felt comfortable wearing this. The shade I used looked very natural on my skin and I love the fact that this tinted moisturiser has SPF15.

This tinted moisturiser lasted the whole day and it doesn't wipe off and fade so easily. Due to the nature of my skin I need to apply some powder foundation and transclucent powder over foundation or tinted moisturisers. I anticipated going home from work with an oily T-zone, however, this tinted moisturiser didn't create an oil slick, instead it maintained the moisture of my skin throughout the day with only a slight peak of shine.


Cons:

The coverage of this tinted mosituriser seemed to be like liquid foundation. I expected this tinted moisturiser to go on sheer, however, it appears like this tinted moisturiser has more coverage than expected. A friend of mine thought I had applied liquid foundation as the coverage was a tad heavier than the usual tinted moisturisers I have used in the past.

If you are looking for a sheer tinted moisturiser, bear in mind that this tinted moisturiser provides relatively higher coverage than most other tinted moisturisers. 

This tinted moisturiser is slightly sticky, so that's another reason why I need to apply some powder to give my skin a less sticky feel.

Overall:

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser is a pretty good tinted moisturiser in terms of quality and lasting power. Despite the consistency of this tinted moisturiser being parallel to that of liquid foundation and nothing like the gel consistency of Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, I would only reccomend this tinted mosituriser if you are looking for something similar to a liquid foundation which provides sufficient moisturisation during the day. At the end of the day, Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser can be a great alternative for liquid foundation.


Which do you wear more often, tinted moisturiser or liquid foundation?
Would you prefer a high coverage or sheer tinted moisturiser?

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment